No Turkey In Turkey On Turkey Day

It is Thanksgiving day in the US, that uniquely American holiday celebrated with family and friends, with a grand roast Turkey dinner. Here in Turkey there is no Turkey on Turkey day. So, we observed the holiday at one of our favorite Istanbul lunch spots.
Our Thanksgiving meal consisted of lentil soup, spinach soup, potato salad, mixed green salad, a beet salad the color of cranberries and a chicken gratin with the comforting flavors of a homemade chicken pot pie.

Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday, a non religious day with a singular focus, gratitude. As I reflect on this day, I am grateful for so much. I am grateful for my health and the ability to travel, but most of all I am grateful for a loving family and a bounty of great friends.

To one and all….Happy Thanksgiving Day from Turkey!


Comments