Sidecar Rigs Koh Chang

One way to get around Koh Chang island is by hopping on one of the many pickup truck taxis, or better yet, rent a motorbike (scooter). The locals zip around on little scooters and many have added sidecar utility rigs to haul people and goods around the island. There are more sidecar hacks (slang for sidecar rig) on this island than I have ever seen outside of a BMW motorcycle rally. They are fun and inventive, and I can’t believe that they are mounted to little 125cc scooters.




Now for my motorcycle friends who’ve considered constructing a sidecar rig or my balloonist buddies interested in designing a new chase vehicle, you’re in luck. I came across a newly welded rig and photographed the attachment points to help you along the way.




Life is a beautiful ride!



Comments